Avoid the distractions, drive right and earn some ching
Many of us are guilty of getting distracted on the road. In fact, research shows us that drivers whose attention is taken away from driving for more than 2 seconds at a time are at increased risk of a crash. 1
There are 3 main types of driving distractions:
- Visual: taking your eyes off the road.
- Manual: taking your hands off the wheel.
- Cognitive: taking your mind off driving.
Here’s how you can avoid being distracted on the road:
- Don’t multi-task.
- Don’t eat or drink while driving.
- Never use your phone while driving
- Make all adjustments before hitting the road.
Remember the driving behaviours that impact your Drive Score – which affects your Monthly Payback. Don’t let distractions affect these. Here’s a reminder of what they are:
- Distance - The total distance travelled in a trip.
- Speeding - Travelling above the legal speed limit
- Acceleration - How quickly you increase in speed.
- Braking – How quickly you decrease in speed.
- Cell phone use - Engagement with your cell phone while driving.
- Nighttime driving - The amount of time you spend travelling at night.
Driving right not only helps you get cash back every single month but ensures that you stay safe while keeping others safe too.
And remember to keep your hands on the wheel and your eyes on the road – happy driving.