Through a variety of situations, our legal experts are here to assist you with your personal legal matters – from divorce and maintenance proceedings, to an employment contract, and even to simply defend your own rights. View brochure.
Legal matters can be complex and frustrating to navigate through, but with our Legal Cover, you’ll have access to qualified legal assistance for a variety of situations, and you get a few added benefits on top of that:
- Unlimited cover for advice on any private legal or labour matters, irrespective of whether the cause of action arose before or after the commencement of your policy
- We’ll cover you for a full range of Basic legal, Mediation, and Litigation services.
- The Basic Benefit: unlimited 24-hour legal advice even for pre-existing matters.
- The Mediation Benefit: help with drawing up contracts and agreements, plus negotiations on your behalf.
- The Litigation Benefit: court representation for labour, family, criminal, and civil matters.
- Cover up to R120 000 per year for physical representation for when you’re involved in any court proceedings of a criminal, civil or labour nature where physical representation is required
- The Tax Benefit: (Included with all vehicle - comprehensive; vehicle – third party, fire and theft; off-road vehicle – comprehensive; cycle; buildings; and home contents policies). Qualified attorneys guide you through the legal process and provide telephonic legal and tax advice services for the following:
- Legal documentation, e.g. sale, lease, power of attorney agreements, wills and contracts;
- Courtroom preparation;
- Contractual law; and
- Legal representation referral
All assistance-related benefits can be assessed 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year on 0860 10 42 12. Please reserve the Assist number for emergencies and assistance only. Should you have any other queries, contact your local insurance centre