• Want us to call you?

    When can we call you?

    Please enter your name
    Your name must contain some letters
    Please enter a contact number
    Please enter a valid contact number
    Please select a reason
    Please select a suitable date
    Please select a suitable time

    Thank you {{CallMeBack.Fullname}}

    We have received your details and will contact you.

Should you have Sasria cover for civil unrest?

Tuesday, May 09, 2017


You’ll know that civil unrest and protests in South Africa are a fairly common occurrence. That’s why the South African Special Risks Insurance Association, or Sasria, exists. It’s a state-owned entity that provides cover for damage or loss of insured property for individuals and businesses.

However, it’s not like the short-term insurance that you get from Dialdirect. Sasria provides insurance for loss or damage that is caused by a number of factors that a traditional insurer wouldn’t typically cover.


What does this cover include?


When you’ve got Sasria cover, your property is insured for the following:

  • civil unrest
  • public disorder
  • riots
  • terrorism
  • strikes

Looking at the above, you can be certain that Sasria insurance is important for all individuals and businesses to have in South Africa.


Who can get Sasria cover?


If you’ve got existing short-term insurance in South Africa on your property or vehicle, you can get Sasria cover.

In fact, when you insure your car comprehensively with Dialdirect, Sasria cover is automatically added to your policy, providing your car is financed at the time you take out the policy. However, it’s important to check with your insurance company that Sasria is automatically included on all of your policies; for example, we don’t automatically include it with buildings and home contents insurance.

With this in mind, it’s easy to add Sasria cover to your policy over the phone. If you’d like to add it, give us a call on 0861 555 580.