Need-to-know pointers when insuring your portable possessions
Lost your phone? Oops! But you have Portable Possessions Insurance cover, right? Well, it doesn’t automatically cover you if you don’t specify and list particular items on your Portable Possessions policy. It’s a common misconception that, if taken for granted, may lead to you having to personally replace your possessions, which could cost a lot more than you bargained for. That’s why you need to know what types of Portable Possessions Insurance we offer and the benefits of each.
Types of our Portable Possessions Insurance
1) Unspecified Portable Possessions Insurance
This is for the less-expensive items you carry with you every day, like your phone charger, most clothing items, wallets, and purses. Here we’ll cover you against accidental damage, theft, and loss.
2) Specified Portable Possessions Insurance
This works for your more valuable items such as your smartphone, tablet, laptop, expensive sunglasses, watch and more. You will need to specify these and their individual values so we can add them to your policy schedule. Here, we will also cover you against accidental damage, theft, and loss.
Benefits of our Portable Possessions Insurance
- Your Portable Possessions Insurance policy covers your valuables, worldwide – so whether you’re on business in Tokyo, holidaying in the Maldives or having an adventure in the Karoo – you’re covered
- Our Express Claims benefit gives you a 24-hour turn-around time for approval and payout of certain claims, for a wide selection of portable possessions
- Our Payback Bonus is automatically included with your policy. This entitles you to your entire first year’s premiums back in cash or 25% of all your premiums back after 4 claim-free years on your insurance. So, if you’ve also taken car insurance with us then you’re in for a big win
- You get all our Assist Benefits
So, there you have it. If you need more info, please don’t hesitate to call us on 0860 911 911 and our consultants will be happy to help.