Keep your business safe and secure
We’ve got your business covered with some easy tips to protect your equipment and premises from thieves.
With Dialdirect, you know we always have your business covered if anything goes wrong. However, it’s always better to make sure that nothing happens in the first place.
That’s why we’ve come up with some easy ways to protect your equipment and premises:
- Out of sight, out of mind: Thieves tend to break in when they know what they can get. So, when you leave the office, make sure all blinds are closed and, if you can, conceal your most valuable equipment.
- Know your weak points: Take a look at the property. Where could someone get in? Are the windows secure and the locks difficult to break?
- Change your routine: If you get regular deliveries or send stock out, try not to keep to the same time every day. Thieves often rely on businesses’ routines when planning a burglary.
- Up your security: When it comes to an alarm system, don’t go cheap. Investing in a good alarm through a reputable security company will pay off in the long run. Also, setting up CCTV cameras could make all the difference.
- Be on the lookout for opportunists: People often wander into businesses in the hope of an unattended cellphone or laptop. Make sure your reception desk is always manned, and if you don’t have one, invest in a security gate.
Put these security tips into practice and you’ll be able to rest a little easier at night, knowing that your property is protected.