Dialdirect Ching Thing competition terms and conditions
Dialdirect is running a competition where people can submit videos of their 2021 Ching Thing moment or feeling, as well as the reason they are celebrating – a Ching Thing is considered a move, a dance a gesture and facial expression displayed during a moment of surprise and delight. Five (5) lucky entries will be drawn and rewarded with a R1000 Woolworths voucher each at the end of the campaign. The submitted videos we receive will then be shared on the Dialdirect Facebook, Instagram, Tick Tock and Twitter pages either during or as a collage after the competition.
The promoter of the competition is Dialdirect (Registration number:1995/008764/06), an authorised financial services provider (FSP:15259) and non-life Insurer, whose registered office is at Auto & General Park, 1 Telesure Lane, Riverglen, Dainfern, 2191.
DURATION OF THE COMPETITION
1. The competition commences on 24 November 2021 and ends on 8 December 2021, both days inclusive. After this date no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
WHO MAY ENTER THE COMPETITION
2. The competition is open to permanent residents and citizens of South Africa over the age of 18 years in possession of a valid South African Identity Document.
WHO MAY NOT ENTER THE COMPETITION
3. The competition is not open to-
3.1 directors, members, partners, agents, employees or consultants of Dialdirect and/ or any of their associated or affiliated companies and/ or agencies or any supplier of goods or services in connection with a competition; and
3.2 the spouse, life partner, business partner or associate, or the natural or adopted parent, child or sibling, of any person specified in the above.
4. You may not participate in or be eligible to win a competition if you have won a competition promoted by Dialdirect within the past three months. You will be eligible to participate in a competition promoted by Dialdirect after the expiry of three months after the date on which you won the last competition.
HOW TO ENTER
5. Email your Ching Thing move that you have recorded – as well as the reason you’re celebrating by captioning it and add the #Chingthing for an entry to [email protected].
Please note that by sharing a video you are consenting to Dialdirect using your footage and repurposing it on their own social media platforms.
HOW MANY TIMES CAN YOU ENTER?
6. There is no restriction when it comes to video submissions, you can enter as often and with as many videos as you like.
7. A R1000 Woolworths voucher will be awarded to 5 lucky winners.
REQUIREMENTS YOU MUST MEET TO USE THE PRIZE
8. Any costs or expenses which you may incur other than in respect of those items specifically included in a prize are for your own account. Dialdirect will not be responsible for any costs or expenses which you, or your partner (if applicable), incur during and for purposes of your entry into the competition and your acceptance and/or use of a prize.
9. You must possess whatever documents and permissions that may be required in order to accept and use a prize, which documents and permissions is your responsibility to obtain at your own cost, and which documents and permissions must remain valid in such minimum form and for such minimum period after the prize date as may be required by the relevant authorities.
10. Dialdirect may require you to provide us with such additional information and documentation as we may reasonably require in order to process, confirm and facilitate your acceptance and/or use of a prize. If you refuse to provide us with the requested information or documentation, you will forfeit the prize.
DELIVERY/ COLLECTION OF PRIZE
11. Dialdirect will contact the winner to arrange the collection/delivery of the prize.
12. In the event that you win a prize provided by a third party supplier, the supplier will contact you to arrange the collection thereof. In this regard, you must collect the prize at the time and date arranged with the supplier of the prize. All correspondence regarding the prize must be directed at the supplier of the prize. Dialdirect will not be responsible for any further correspondence, harm, damage, loss or claim relating to the provision of any element of the prize.
HOW WILL WINNERS BE NOTIFIED
13. The winners will be notified by call on the mobile number, and email.
WHAT HAPPENS IF THE WINNER CANNOT BE CONTACTED OR IS NOT ABLE TO TAKE UP THE PRIZE
14. In the event that we don’t get hold of the winner within 24 hours of the announcement – a new winner will be drawn and the prize will be forfeited to the newly drawn winner.
GROUNDS FOR DISQUALIFICATION
15. You may not win a prize if it is unlawful for Dialdirect to supply such a prize to you. If you do win such a prize, you will forfeit it.
16. If you fail or, if your partner (if applicable) fails, to comply with any of the terms and conditions, then without prejudice to any other remedy which Dialdirect may have, you will be automatically disqualified and you will forfeit the prize/s (in the event that you have already won a prize);
17. Your entry into the competition and/or your acceptance of a prize (in the event that you win a prize) constitutes your binding acceptance of the terms and conditions on behalf of yourself and any person with whom you may share a prize (in the event that you win a prize which is for you and one or more additional persons (“your partner”).
18. If you use a mobile phone for entry into the competition, the telephone calls / text messages/ data usage will be charged at the prevailing rates, which may vary from time to time. "Free" minutes under a cell-phone contract do not apply.
19. It is your responsibility to ensure that your entry is received by Dialdirect prior to the closure of the competition. Any entries which are not received by us prior to the closure of the competition will not be eligible to participate, regardless of the reason for the late entry. We and our affiliates are not responsible for any entries which are not received by us, whether timeously or at all, regardless of the cause thereof. Without limitation, we and our affiliates are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer hardware or software failure or malfunction, traffic congestion (whether physical, or on the Internet, telephone lines or at any service provider, web site or other device or medium), or any combination thereof, or any other technical or other problems.
20. Dialdirect and our affiliates are not responsible for any injury or damage to your or any other person’s computer, mobile telephone or other device used by you to enter into, or obtain any materials related to, the competition.
21. It is your responsibility to ensure that any information which you provide to Dialdirect is accurate, complete and up to date. Should any of the data provided by yourself in connection with this competition prove to be invalid, inaccurate, and false or misleading, your entry shall be disregarded and you shall be prohibited from entering any further Dialdirect competitions for a set period to be determined by Dialdirect.
22. Dialdirect does not make any representations or give any warranties, whether expressly or implicitly, as to a prize, and in particular, but without limitation, make no representations and give no warranty that –
22.1 your entry or participation in the competition will necessarily result in you winning a prize;
22.2 a prize, or any aspect thereof, will meet your, or, if applicable, your partner’s, requirements, preferences, standards or expectations; or
22.3 a prize, or any aspect thereof, will be satisfactory, punctual, free from defects, safe or reliable.
23. Dialdirect and our affiliates will not be responsible for any harm, damage, loss or claim relating to the provision of any element of a prize or any changes to a prize that may be made at any time.
24. Prizes are not transferable and may not be deferred, changed or exchanged for cash or any other item.
25. Dialdirect may invite you to be present when the prize winners are determined or announced, to participate in any of our marketing activities, to appear in person in the electronic media and/or the print media, and/or to endorse, promote or advertise any of our goods or services, for which no fee, royalty or other compensation will be payable. You may decline such an invitation.
26. Dialdirect and our third party suppliers, as the case may be, reserve the right to vary, postpone, suspend, or cancel the competition and any prizes, or any aspect thereof, without notice at any time, for any reason which we deem necessary. In the event of such variation, postponement, suspension or cancellation, you agree to waive any rights, interests and expectations that you may have in terms of this competition and acknowledge that you will have no recourse against us, our affiliates and third party suppliers.
27. You agree that your participation in the competition, and your acceptance and/or use of a prize, or any aspect thereof, is at your own risk.
28. Dialdirect and our affiliates will not be responsible, and disclaim all liability, for any loss, liability, injury, expense or damage (whether direct, indirect, incidental, punitive or consequential) of any nature, whether arising from negligence or any other cause, which is suffered by your participation in the competition or the acceptance and/or use by you, or your partner (if applicable), of any prize, or by any action taken by us or any of our affiliates in accordance with the terms and conditions.
29. You, and in the event of your death, your family, dependants, heirs, assignees or any other beneficiaries of your estate, indemnify and hold us and our affiliates harmless against any claim by you, or your partner (if applicable), (whether direct, indirect, incidental, punitive or consequential) of any nature, whether arising from negligence or any other cause, relating to any injury, loss, liability, expense and/or damage which you may suffer, howsoever arising, in relation to your entry into this competition and/or acceptance and/or use by you of a prize.
30. You acknowledge that the acceptance and use of a prize is subject to the proviso that –
30.1 all of the terms and conditions will apply to both you and your partner (if applicable), and you will ensure that your partner agrees to be bound and complies, and will continue to comply, therewith;
30.2 you will take full responsibility for your partner;
30.3 you indemnify and hold us and our affiliates harmless against any claim by your partner or any third party in the event that your partner suffers any loss or damage pursuant to your partner’s acceptance and/or use of a prize;
30.4 any minor will be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
31. By entering this competition, contestants agree to receive marketing and/or promotional material from Dialdirect and/or any of their associated or affiliated companies. No contestant or winner of this competition is in any way obliged to enter into a contract of insurance with Dialdirect and/or a contract with any of their associated or affiliated companies.
32. For purposes hereof, "affiliate" means Dialdirects’ partners, co promoters and sponsors of this competition, our subsidiaries, our and their subsidiaries and respective holding companies, the subsidiaries of their holding companies, and our and their directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives.
33. These terms and conditions will be construed, interpreted and enforced in accordance with the laws of contract and dispute resolution in the Republic of South Africa
34. Dialdirect and the judges' decision on any matter concerning the competition and/or arising out of these terms and conditions is final and binding on you, and no correspondence will be entered into.