Myth Busters: Our app
Technology continues to grow and with it many questions are raised as we break new ground. The Dialdirect Insurance App is no exception. So what should users know about how the app works in order to get the most out of it? Below we address some of the most frequently asked questions:
Do I need data on my phone?
- First time App users will need a data or WiFi connection to register on the App and update all their App information.
- If you've already registered, you will require data or a WiFi connection to update the App newsfeed and performance information. This information will not update without an active data or WiFi connection.
- For tracking trips, data is not required as it only uses the phone's GPS signal however to see a trip summary after a completed trip, a data or WiFi connection will be required. If this is not available, the trip information will be stored on the phone until the trip data can be synced either via data or WiFi depending on your upload settings.
What happens if I run out of data?
- Trips can still be tracked using your phone's GPS signal. But other App information like the newsfeed, performance information and trip summaries will not be updated until data has been loaded again or a WiFi connection is established.
How much data does the driver tracking portion of the App use?
- Your phone only uses GPS tracking, not data, while you are driving to capture the trip information.
- You can choose to upload trips using WiFi or data. The trip size is approximately 50kb per 10 minutes on the road, depending on the number of events captured for the trip.
Will the App drain my battery?
- The App has approximately the same battery usage as map or navigation apps while recording trips. When using any other App functionality, it will not be higher than any other typical app.
Do claims impact my Monthly Payback?
No, claims do not have an impact on your Monthly Payback.
Will my driving behaviour be used at claims stage?
Your driving information will not be used at claims stage without your consent.
Dialdirect is an authorised FSP 15259